Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Focus

So I was all set to blog about my lack of focus after being sick Saturday, splurging on Sunday, and being completely and utterly exhausted yesterday...

And then something clicked.  I don't know exactly what/when/why, but suddenly trying to talk myself into being back on track turned into actually being on track.  Doesn't hurt that I hit a new low weight today, and I'm only a pound-and-a-half away from being down 10 pounds (already)!

I've been pushing the water all day and got in a great workout this evening, which also helps.  One of these days, I'll start a basic strength-training program, but my focus for now has been jump-starting the cardio and starting to build up some endurance.  It's disheartening to see how out of shape I am as compared to I was six months ago even, but I'm confident that I'll continue to bounce back quickly.

Here's a recap of my week:

  • Got in 145 fitness minutes and burned almost 700 calories!
  • Averaged 80-100 ounces of water 5 out of 7 days!
  • Made overall healthy food choices 5 out of 7 days!
  • Stayed in my calorie range on 5 out of 7 days!
  • Practiced mindful eating every day!
  • Got plenty of sleep on Saturday and Sunday.
  • Averaged only 6.5 hours of sleep on week nights.
Not bad, considering.  My goals for this week are generally the same, although I'm going to amp up the challenge a bit.  I think I'm ready.

1 -- Perform 150+ minutes of exercise/physical activity.
2 -- Drink 64+ ounces of water every day.
3 -- Stay in my calorie range on at least 5 days.
4 -- Work on getting more sleep, particularly on week nights.
5 -- Continue to journal and self-reflect.

All in all, I'm really starting to feel like a new person.  I would love to elaborate, but if I write much more, I'm going to jeopardize my good night's sleep.  More tomorrow.

★ jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment